Experience the Love of the Father in a Unique Meditative Walk to Calvary with Jesus and Mary
Eight rare Relics of the Passion, with a unique musical and meditative program focused on the Passion of Christ, will be presented at the Church of St. Vincent de Paul on Sunday, June 4 at 2:00 PM. The program, entitled “Call from the Crucified Heart”, is a one-hour presentation of The Passion that couples holy relics with supporting meditations and musical pieces that serve as a guide to help you accompany Jesus through His suffering during the Passion. The program ends with an opportunity for personal veneration of the relics.
The Apostolate for Holy Relics, guardians for these relics, is currently engaged in a program tour that will cover as many as 20 states throughout 2017. Having the opportunity to join in this program while they are here in the area is sure to be an experience that will help you connect with the very roots of your faith. It’s very rare to see a group of related holy relics all in one place as is presented in this program. Collections such as this are generally seen only in Rome or the Holy Land and is something that most people only get to see once in a lifetime. The Relics of the Passion collection includes:
- A piece of the True Cross which was discovered by St. Helena
- A piece of the Holy Table from the room where the Last Supper took place
- A piece of the Column of Flagellation A piece of The Crown of Thorns
- A replica of the Holy Nail, fashioned using filings from the true nails
- A relic (bone) of St. Longinus, the centurion who pierced the side of Christ
- A picture of (the effigy of) the Veil of Veronica touched to the original with a Vatican seal attesting to the fact.
- A piece of the exterior wrapping for the Shroud of Turin
For more information, click here!